Hi Guys, This post about ” How we can import fixed width flat file into database using ssis ” . It slightly complicated when you try first but follow the steps. i made them easy
- Step 1 : Write or copy/paste any data into flat(text) file . Give suitable spaces between each and every columns.
- step 2 : Using Microsoft Sql Server. There i created Table_1 . Its Target table has no records .
step 3 : Drag and drop ” Flat File Source ” into “Data Flow ” .
step 4 : click Browse button to import file from device . change format to ” Fixed width ” .
step 5 : its most important step. click on “Columns” Tab . Give each columns to suitable width by clicking red pipe line .
- step 6 : click on “Advanced ” Tab . configure the properties of each column . you can change Name , InputColumnWidth , DataType etc.
step 7 : Drag and drop Target ( ADO NET Destination ) into mapping . right click and Edit Destination.
- step 8 : This step , You should configure ADO.NET Connection Manager . i already have Data connection ( localhost.Adam.sa ) . for new coonection , click ” New ” button .
- step 9 : select table by clicking ” Use a table or view ” dropdownbox . “My table is dbo.Table_1 .
- step 10 : select Mappings . drag and drop drag and drop pipelines between Input Column and Destination Column .
- step 11 . click on Run. If no any errors on Mapping . Source Rows Loaded into ADO NET Destination (target table) . Execute the Sql Server Query and you’ll get Suitable Output .
Happy Mapping, Thank You….